Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Its been ONE week...

Im still a day behind, but I made myself finish today- and I got three "days" done that I had on my list... I'll have to look tomorrow, maybe Im not behind anymore :) Without further ado.. I took pictures to!
This is our snack cupboard before... I threw out one box out of here... lots of random, empty boxes, expired things, gross... this is the after! Its still pretty full, but the top shelf is misc. small appliances, beer bread in a bottle and sparkling grape juice, second shelf is cupcake supplies and sprinkles, and bottom is snacks!
Next up is our tupperware cupboard... you know the one that everything falls out when you open it... I actually went through this tonight because I bought a new rubbermaid set that was on sale at Target, we hardly had anything left that was matching...


The end result was a whole bag of lids that have one week to find a home or they are going in the trash, sorry hunny :) This next picture is just to show that I did throw out a box of boxes/old food and lids!!!


Next I did the pots and pans cupboard, this is another one where things tend to just fall out on me... yikes.. I used a basket for lids and tried to stack things more by size/type.. pans, kettles, etc... this was an after... not sure why I didnt take a before... On these cupboards I had already done a "home area" which eventually I'd like to put bills, etc, and the counter part on the bottom is free reign for Caroline, she has baskets of stuff that has to stay at the table (usually... ;) ) pony beads, playdoh, etc... I also organized my cookbook/coffee space, didnt take pictures of that one either, but nothing really got thrown away, just organized... the last space.. which I would usually say-- "HOLY CRAP close the door and IGNORE!"


And the finale... I FEEL SO much better! Tonight... four bags!!!!!!!! The vacuum even has a home!

4 comments:

  1. Way to go, Mandy! I've fallen behind this week with taking Tuesday off to spend with Jacob, then lacking motivation Wednesday, and today sleeping in before going to Fargo for groceries. I did get the thrift store stuff out of my house and to the store today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks great. You are doing such a good job!! I haven't even touched my kitchen yet. I love how you have your 'game plan' on the side of your blog and you can mark things off as you go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like the list on the side of your blog...good motivation!

    ReplyDelete